Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gear Analysis 11March08

I am sick. I think I finally got hit hard with the stupid flu that's been ripping through the office for the last few months. I am good for nothing much more than occupying my brain with thoughts not related to running to the bathroom in fear that what ever orifice is in need won't be able to hold "it" back. I must be sick, I don't even want to apologize for that. And, as luck would have it, I'm sick on maintenance day, so I can't even farm between bouts of spewage. /sigh.

I'm starting to love Be Imba!. I learned about it from BRK and have been using it ever since as a guide as to what I need to work on with my gear. There is a problem with the site and Wow's Armory site. I think Blizzard was upset that the site was so much cooler than anything they've done that they got pissy. No evidence of that, just a feeling. So, if you've not been to that site to check your character out, I'm not sure if it will work for you. When I go there, I have to click on the cached character link and it works. Here's Claz's analysis.



The graphic above shows the raid progression that Claz should be comfortable at and where the gear upgrades will be coming from. As you can see, according to this site, I'm almost ready for Gruul's Lair and Magtheridon's Lair and the gear upgrades for me are towards the end of Karazahn.

(Forgive this, I'm in a haze of fever daze and vomit stench...)
HOLY MOTHER OF THRALL

/cough

Ok, getting back to the task at hand. Sure, it's nice to know where I am with raid progression but what can I do to keep inching up? This site has a nice listing of unenchanted items and low-level items. How am I doing?



First off, you'll notice that it isn't listing my new boots, but the point still is made: I need enchants! Yes, I've already made a spreadsheet for the enchants and the mats that I need and I've been keeping an eye out for enchanters who can do these (a guildie got the Major Agility enchant for the weapon when we did a kara key frag run and decided to keep going). I won't be enchanting the Blackened Spear, though since I'm about two weeks from the Vengegul Gladiator's Waraxe.

Now, low level items. /sigh. You'll notice that Claz was cached with the Riding Crop in slot. This is less embarrassing than what I have been using (the name escapes me, but it is a green-level quest reward that ups my attack power a bit). But, with the links to upgrades I'll be able to direct my time better and I should be able to upgrade these items pretty quickly.

All in all, I'm pretty content with Claz's gear. Now, I just need to practice kiting and trapping...

1 comment:

Okole said...

Damn Claz - I feel your pain, missed Kara last night due to what you are currently describing. My "affliction" seemed to be a 24 hour thing, so I hope it's the same for you.

I heard you got new boots from the Chess Event - Congrats!

The Imba site is nice, I've been playing around with it too. Problem I have now is lack of funds to get the gems and enchants I want. And, it seems every time I am on I'm healing something for someone and haven't had time to farm lately.