Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes


First
Well, Claz is back to a beastmaster spec. I got an invite to pug Kara and I didn't want to embarrass myself or make a bad name for Limited Warranty. I just don't know how to raid as a MM spec. As it was, my crits were pulling aggro off the tank, so I think I made a good choice.

Second
I've gotten serious about farming gold for my Epic-level flying skill. I really want the Turbo-Charged Flying Machine (and of course, I've always wanted an Onyx Netherwing Drake, ever since I found out that they existed). In three days of serious dailies and farming, I'm now 20% of the way there.

Third
As Bumwaller wrote, Limited Warranty is in need of tanks. The need is such that he is willing to put together a tanking set and respec his druid whenever we needed him to. I salute his dedication, but... I don't think it's really fair, especially since he's told me that he isn't that excited about melee fighting. Now, personally, I love tanking. I tanked on my old druid all the time, and, I was told, I was good at it.

The other day, Vashj went down and I was bored (and with my anxiety levels lately, I needed to play). I rediscovered Hirnek on another server! Out of boredom I played around with him. He was level 45, which means that the feral tree really starts to be fun (maximum fun comes with Mangle), and let me tell you, I had a lot of fun.

So, I paid for a character transfer and now Hirnek is moved. Well, someone ganked his name on Vashj, so my level 48 druid is now Greatjohn. When I'm not farming gold, I'll be power-leveling this toon up to the point where he'll be able to go into Wrath right away and will be ready for tanking. I don't think I'll get him ready before then, there's just not enough time because I want to get Claz flying fast.

This means that I'm going to be putting the lock on the backburner for awhile. As much fun as she is to play, I want to help the guild out more and we really don't need another DPS.

1 comment:

Okole said...

Claz - I think it's awesome that you are bringing your Druid over. I will probably still try the respec just to see if tanking can be fun for me. I've never done it before and it is different from melee DPS, which I don't like as much. I'm also ordering a new PC and hopefully the upgraded graphics can alleviate some of the issues I have with up close and personal fighting.