Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hellfire is the new Barrens


Greatjohn hit 61 last night. That's 16 levels since August 31st and I'm pretty proud of that. Even more, I resisted the urge to buy a basic healing set that I would upgrade with quest rewards and drops. It might actually be a good idea to do this, but I don't want to get into the habit of spending money on stuff since I need the 5k for either Claz's or GJ's epic flight (probably GJ's since I'm 90% sure he'll be my main in the expansion).

But, man, I'm starting to hate Hellfire Peninsula. The zone is so ugly and filled with boring and annoying mobs (I especially hate the Gan'arg, those technician guys in the Forge camps; who came up with their audio?). I'm starting to see Hellfire in the same way I see The Barrens: a zone that is so annoying that you get through it as quickly as possible to get to the more interesting areas. At least Chuck Norris jokes are missing, right? (I love Chuck Norris jokes, but they get old after the 327 hours you need to spend in The Barrens).

Not much more to report. GJ is leveling nicely and is ready for the second phase of Hellfire quests that you get in Falcon Watch. With my work schedule, those will probably take me a couple days and then it's on to Zangarmarsh, Terrokar Forest at around 63 and then my favorite zone: Nagrand. And this time, no grinding for the Talbuk!

Well, a tauren on a talbuk... that's pretty amusing, isn't it...

No comments: