Saturday, February 9, 2008

Claz sucks... well, *I* suck playing Claz

So, yesterday I ran the first bit of Heroric Ramps with Limited Warranty. Before I received a call ("GET OVER HERE NOW, I'M ABOUT TO EAT ALL MY PILLS AND DRINK ALL THE GIN I HAVE IN THE HOUSE!") and had to leave, I sucked it. Badly. I don't know if my mood affects my playing that much or if I've reached the limit of my skills, but I have to tell you that I cannot trap to save my fricken life (which is what it amounts to in a heroic. Those bastards two- or three-shot me each time).

Thinking that it was only my mood that was the problem, I pugged it again today. After the players thinking they had to explain to me how to trap (really? Maybe you should have told me what my trap target was before thinking I was retarded), we downed the first boss. Then, yep, you guessed it. Another call. From the same person. Good thing this blog is about Warcraft and not about the drama-filled trainwreck of my life. Right?

Anyway, I'm thinking of trying out a new build. Instead of the BM/MM build I've been using, I'm wondering if I should try to do a BM/SV build. like so. I'm thinking that this build will gimp my DPS badly. But I really don't know what else to do to get this trapping crap right.

The problem isn't my trapping ability. The problem is that in a heroic, the traps last for about three seconds before they break and the groups I've been in haven't really been that understanding about letting my trap cooldown expire before pulling so that I can have another trap ready. Or, the mob resists the trap. Then I die. Then I need to be rezzed. Then I look like a huntard.

No comments: