Friday, February 1, 2008

Alt-itis, or the danger of getting frustrated

So, I found myself wanting to play on alts, and this is not a good thing. I started a Troll Shaman, an undead Rogue, a Blood Elf priest and played on Hirnek for about the time it took me to go from Orgimmar to Swamp of Sorrows before I logged off in boredom. This is exactly the same thing that I did when I was getting frustrated with Amantara, my old Nelf Druid. The results with Amantara were, well... not good, and I've fought the urges to do the same with Claz. (Don't worry Limited Warranty, I don't think I'm going to just disappear with only a few mailings of gold to let you know I'm gone).

Not only have I been playing alts, I've been toying with the idea of changing my professions. On Amantara I was famous for people having to ask what my professions were that week.

All in all, these are bad signs. So, instead of just acting out, let's see what is bothering me and maybe someone (if there's anyone reading this) can suggest something.
  1. PvE progression. Or really, the lack of it. Limited Warranty seems to be in a slump. Sure, six more people in the guild got keyed for Karasahn, but in all honesty, the guild needs some of the others to be keyed who don't seem to be that interested in it. We have a lot of Mages and Warlocks keyed but only one tank and one healer. The priests in the guild seem only interested in PvPing and seem to think that if they're specced shadow they can't heal. Personally, I think they don't want to heal and aren't interested in PvE progression, which is their prerogative, of course. But the lack of healing is going to put such a damper on raiding that I'm not even sure if we should bother.

  2. Farming. I need to farm rep. I need to farm money. I need to farm mats for the epics I can now craft. I need to farm to level my boar to 70 and my Ravager to "Best Friend". But I'm getting so sick of wandering in circles killing everything that I found myself more interested in watch Family Guy DvDs that I've seen 24 times before than concentrating on what I'm doing. Throw into that the fact that I need to farm the same places everyone else farms that I'm lucky to get one kill in before I'm called a chinese farmer that I need to log off before I start swearing at the person and get banned. Also, the farming spots lead to...

  3. Ganking. I was ganked twice today. I know, I know, that doesn't seem like a lot, but Vashj is a very low-population server and the Alliance seems to be very outnumbered that this is a really high number of ganks. I have no idea just why I rolled a toon on another PvP server. I HATE ganking with such a passion that when it happens to me, I want to punch my monitor. And, since I'm so horrible at PvP, I'm nothing but free honor and cheap thrills for the moron on the other side.

  4. PvPing. I HATE PvPing in the Battlegrounds. It is the most boring, stupid annoying thing that Blizzard is putting time and energy into. I understand how easy it is: there's no trying to get a group together, the time investment in play is very small, the gear rewards are huge for the amount of effort you need to put into getting them, etc. I seriously think PvP is ruining WoW. Even BRK is PvPing. When we ran ZG a couple weeks ago, the druid who was main tanking quit after the bat boss because he wanted his next epic.

So, all-in-all, WoW is starting to annoy me. Any suggestions on how to break this bad mood?

1 comment:

Okole said...

Well - I think we may be in luck. Ashes will run Kara with us as heals, and hopefully the two of us healing will get us at least to Moroes. We have 2 tanks keyed, although one seems to be MIA lately. I think we can at least kill some trash in there.